This article may contain affiliate links. I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post with no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure policy for more info. All Bible quotations are from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise stated Bible Copyright Attribution.
God has given us so much insight into the life we are living. Every answer we need comes from Him.
The Bible has the solution to everything we need to get through this life. My favorite acronym for Bible is:
B – Believer’s
I – Instruction
B – Before
L – Leaving
E – Earth
Living a Christian life can be hard. The good news is that there are thousands of God’s promises in the Bible that we can be encouraged by.
What Are The Promises of God?
“For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” 2 Corinthians 1:20
What is a Promise?
A promise is an assurance that a particular thing will happen. The promises of God in the Bible are just that. He gives us promises that we can stand on.
God is perfect and He doesn’t lie. He will never fail us like the things on this earth do.
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 ESV
God’s Promises to Us
The promises in the Bible are written for us. The Bible is full of examples of God’s faithfulness and His promises have never failed. Paul makes it clear in the Bible that we can hold onto God’s promises to us because we are in the family of God.
“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him, the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV
Printable List of God’s Promises
I made this list of God’s Promises printable so you can take it with you. Click this God’s Promises free printable link to get your free download.
List of God’s Promises
I’m excited to share some of my favorite promises from God in the Bible. I love all of God’s promises but these are very close to my heart.
They are either things I have experienced or things I hold onto to stay encouraged. All the Bible verses below are from the KJV Bible.
Scripture on God’s Promises
The Blood of Jesus Cleanses us from Sin
1. “He shall save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
2. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
3. “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.” Ephesians 1:7
Jesus Died to Give us Eternal Life
4. “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
5. “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3
6. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my had.” John 10: 27-28
7. “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.” Titus 1:2
8. “God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, for he shall receive me.” Psalm 49:15
9. “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.” 1 John 5:11
God’s Presence is in Our Lives
10. “If a man love me, he will keep my words, and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” John 14:23
11. “I am the Lord your God, and no one else, and my people shall never be ashamed.” Joel 2:27
12. “The Lord God is a sun and shield, the Lord will give grace and glory, no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
God Will Answer Our Prayers
13. “We know that all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
14. “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray and cry aloud, and he shall hear my voice.” Psalm 55:17
15. “It shall come to pass, that before they call. I will answer, and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Isaiah 65:24
God Will Give Us Strength
16. “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
17. ” That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man” Ephesians 3:16
God is Truth
18. “If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.” John 7:17
19. “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.” Ephesians 1:17
20. “The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.” Deuteronomy 29:29
God Fills us with Love
21. “And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:33
22. “I love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me.” Proverbs 8:17
Our Sins Are Forgiven
23. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.” Hebrews 8:12
24. “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly, and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23
25. “I write unto you, little children because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.” 1 John 2:12
Promises of God in the Bible
Here are some of my favorite books about God’s Promises if you are looking to study them further.
- Christian Art Gifts (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 04/21/2018 (Publication Date) - Christian Art Gifts (Publisher)
- Thomas Nelson Publishers
- Thomas Nelson (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 03/16/2008 (Publication Date) - Thomas Nelson (Publisher)
- Hardcover Book
- Lucado, Max (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 08/07/2018 (Publication Date) - Thomas Nelson (Publisher)
What’s your Favorite Promise from God’s Word?
My favorite promise is “He saves us from our sins”. I love knowing that the Lord forgives me even when I can’t forgive myself.